Frequently asked questions
Frequently asked questions
Size and materials?
- Art is on quality 11”x14” paper. For more than 6 people's heads, we'll consider 16”x20” size art. Tools may include permanent marker, color pencil, chalk and watercolor.
- The first choice is to upload through our fulfillment form. Second choice is e-mailing to email@example.com. If you need to mail photos, request our address. You will get them back.
- Photo formats: For emailing photos to us, what specifications are best?
- Most formats are OK. A .jpeg especially. Our system allows for up to 20 megabites each. We need to see clearly enough to make you a drawing. Ideal resolution is 150px, but between 72px and 300px are possible. Pictures copied from phone or web that are 1” small are probably unusable. Links to photos are possible too.
- You can pay with all major credit cards through the Square portal. System is very safe and efficient.
- In about 1-2 weeks. Usually much sooner. Option; order digital copy and print it.
- How can I be sure I'll like the art?
- You will get a preliminary sketch to approve before your final artwork and a scan of the final.
- Please add $9 for shipping in USA, OR we can send a digital file world-wide via e-mail at no extra charge.
- Sorry, we don't ship overseas.
- If you have more than one individual order, we will ship it all to a single location for the single $9 fee.
- No. Sorry. But the 11x14 size is a standard, so you can find them easily.
- No. Our prices are too low to discount. Note that art of 6 or more people can be on 16×20 with no extra charge for this larger size.
- We must charge tax if you are in the State of Connecticut. Our system should not charge tax beyond that.
- Pictures with largest, clearest faces are best. (not smaller than a quarter.) Several choices may help. If you want a double, both parties don't need to be in same photo reference.
- No, not at base price, but it is possible with a reasonable usage fee. Describe the planned usage for a quote. You’ll get an opportunity for extra input receive and receive higher resolution digital files.
- Yes, if credit is given to CaricatureDrawing.net. You may make copies for personal use.
- Yes, see this option as you order. We can print on premises. Or for personal use, you have permission to make your own copies from the free digital file we will send.
- Yes inquire about the cost for art and shipping. Or request a digital file and have it printed at your end.
- Please inquire at firstname.lastname@example.org. We're open to ideas.
- Count that as an extra person price-wise, and send a reference photo. However, quick generalized depictions are no extra charge.
- Yes. Note that the style is between a cartoon portrait and a detailed one. We price them as people. Sample on request.
- No. Shoulders are added unless you want just the head. Send instructions with your order.
- Yes, this is possible. Specify address, and indicate copy if you want a gift card to be included.
- Yes. Just place an order in the GIFT CERTIFICATE drop down under SHOP. We will US mail gift certificate to you, and you can give it. If you have a time crunch, ask us to email it. You choose price based on our price points. They can choose specifics later.
- For urgent questions call us directly at DougalArt, 860-456-9041
- Is there a Facebook Page?
- Yes. You may like to see it here.
Mini videos responding to some frequently asked questions regarding
Same or Separate paper, Options, Slogans, and Shipping.